Harris County MUD 18 has completed a District-wide upgrade from mechanical water meters to new digital, smart meters. With digital meters you can track your own water use on your computer or even your smart phone. Your new digital meter will have a small, circular protrusion on the top of the meter box lid.
The digital meters allow secure online access to track your home water use. You can review your water use by hour, day, week, and month; which translates as opportunities for on your water bill savings you can realize through water conservation.
Harris County MUD 18 provides EyeOnWater Online software to track your water use on your computer or smart phone. Instructions for installing and using the software are available at this link:
Meeting PDF Documents
- Amended Rate Order
- Annual Financial Reports
- District Information Kit
- Drought Contingency Plan
- Energy Consumption Reports
- Landowner’s Bill of Rights and Condemnation Procedures
- Water Conservation Plan
- Water Quality Reports
Water / Sewer Rates
MUD18 water use rates are based on an ‘Equivalent Residential Connection’ set at thousand-gallons-per-month increments.
The District uses a sliding-scale rate schedule that favors water conservation without depriving customer of necessary water for all household uses including irrigation.
Residential Water Use Rates (in Thousand Gallons per month)
- $12.00 minimum – First 6,000 gallons
- $1.00 per 1,000 gallons – Next 9,000 gallons (6,001 -15,000 gallons)
- $1.25 per 1,000 gallons – Next 5,000 gallons (15,001 – 20,000 gallons)
- $1.50 per 1,000 gallons – Next 10,000 gallons (20,001 – 30,000 gallons)
- $2.50 per 1,000 gallons – Next 10,000 gallons (30,001 – 40,000 gallons)
- $3.50 per 1,000 gallons – Over $40,000 gallons
Residential Sewer Rate – a flat rate of $15.00 per month
MUD18 Ad Valorem Tax rates are based on property values established by the Harris County Central Appraisal District. Ad Valorem taxes from the basis of each taxpayer’s contribution to the cost of infrastructure and maintenance for the utility district. You can contact HCAD, the Harris County Appraisal District website at: http://www.hcad.org/ or Wheeler and Associates, MUD18’s tax collector at: http://www.wheelerassoc.com to view your individual property values and assessment. Use this link to pay your MUD taxes online.
The Board of Directors of MUD18 would like to inform you that by November 1st of each year you should be in receipt of Tax Statements for your Property. This should include a MUD18 tax statement. If you have not received your MUD18 tax statement by November 1st, please contact our Tax Assessors Office at (713) 462-8906.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – Facts about Drinking Water Disinfection and the Free Chlorine Conversion Process
- Bill Payment Options
- EyeOnWater Installation Steps